RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TWOTF PUZZLE CONTEST
This contest is solely sponsored by Kay DiBianca and is not connected through sponsorship or partnership of Amazon.
1. To enter you must sign up for Kay’s newsletter. Contest is open to all US residents 18 and over at the time of sign up. No purchase is necessary. This contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Kay DiBianca, Crosslink Publishers, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Kay DiBianca’s family members not eligible to win. Former puzzle contest winners are not eligible to win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Kay DiBianca as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: One question will be emailed to Kay DiBianca’s newsletter recipients the morning of April 8, 2019. Recipients are invited to send their answer to the question as soon as possible. Each guess must be sent to TWOTFpuz@gmail.com. Guesses received through any other channel will not be accepted. Recipients can send as many guesses as they like, but there should be no more than one guess per email. The first email received with the correct answer will win a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
4. How to Enter: As noted above The Contest must be entered by signing up for Kay’s newsletter using the online newsletter signup form provided at www.kaydibianca.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Kay DiBianca. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Kay DiBianca.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a $50 Amazon gift card. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at Kay DiBianca’s sole discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Kay DiBianca to use Winner’s name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: the odds of winning are solely dependent on entrant’s ability to solve the puzzle. It may be possible that no one will correctly guess the solution to the puzzle. In that unlikely event, Kay DiBianca will provide additional hints until an entrant guesses the correct answer. If no one guesses the correct answer by May 1, 2019, Kay DiBianca will randomly select a recipient of the $50 Amazon Gift Card.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner selection is solely based on correctly solving the puzzle. There is only one solution to the puzzle and there will be only one Winner. In the event that more than one person solves the puzzle the Winner will be the first winning answer received, by email time stamp, to the email address provided. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Kay DiBianca shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT KAY DIBANCA‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Kay DiBianca, anyone acting on behalf of Kay DiBianca, and any licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry and name for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Kay DiBianca reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Kay DiBianca’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Kay DiBianca reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Kay DiBianca and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, including Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the State of TENNESSEE WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Tennessee having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.